Welcome to my third Stocktake Saturday post. This is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week!
This week has been absolutely amazing in bookish land. Tahereh Mafi (the author of the amazing Shatter Me) released a video announcing that there will be a novella released on 16 October 2012. It will be titled DESTROY ME. Written exclusively from Warner’s point of view, Destroy Me will chronicle events after he drops out of Shatter Me, and bridges the gap between Shatter Me and Unravel Me (released February 5th 2013). October can’t come soon enough if you ask me.
In cover news, I have two gorgeous new covers to share with you. The covers of Asunder (Incarnate #2) by Jodi Meadows and The Blood Keeper (companion to Blood Magic) by Tessa Gratton were released this week. I love the cover of The Blood Keeper – it’s so evocative.�
I am excited to share some excerpts and snippets with you this week. The first two chapters of Shadow Bound (Unbound #2) by Rachel Vincent are available here. This book seriously sounds amazing, I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Check it out on Goodreads. An excerpt of The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) was also released this week, and it’s short but packs a punch.
This week has been absolutely amazing for me! I read and reviewed a lot of books:
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
- Night Beach by Kirsty Eagar
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Next week you can look forward to heaps of cool reviews including Graceling by Kristin Cashore and The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett.
Over the week I received the following books for review:
- The Hunt by Andrew Fukoda
- Changeling by Philippa Gregory
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Fury by Rebecca Lim
Reading six books this week allowed me to buy two under my new Read Three, Buy One scheme:
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (This came with an insert containing a short story entitled “A Dark Transformation”, chronicling how Jonathan assumed Sebastian Verlac’s identity).
- Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed Stocktake Saturday and keep coming back for more. Happy Reading!