Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
As usual, we will start with the new cover releases from the past week.
- Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons (Article 5 #2)
- official placeholder cover of The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #3)
- Everbound by Brodi Ashton (Everneath #2) – the themes from Everneath
- Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me #2) – It matches the NEW cover of Shatter Me and is looking awesome! I already have some ideas about the plot just from staring at it !
- A Blood-Kissed Sky by J. A. London (Darkness Before Dawn #2) – it matches the cover of its prequel very well, and I can’t wait to see how they look alongside each other on my shelves.
- Forsaken by Thomas E. Sniegoski (The Fallen #4) – loving how the same model (yum) is used on all The Fallen covers.
- Echo by Alyson Noel (Soul Seekers #2)
Whew! That’s a lot of covers this week!
The blurb of Everbound was also revealed this week:
Two months ago, the Tunnels of the underworld came for Nikki Beckett. That night, Nikki’s boyfriend, Jack, made the ultimate sacrifice. All Nikki wants is to save Jack before it’s too late. All Cole wants is to find his queen – and he thinks Nikki is the one. Both determined, both desperate, Nikki and Cole form a tense alliance, leading them on a dangerous journey to The Heart of The Everneath.
Cassandra Clare announced that Isabelle Lightwood will be played by Jemima West. She also knows who will play Alec Lightwood, but hasn’t been given the green light to share with us, so keep tuned! Here is a little image that shows the cast as it is: Jace Wayland is being played by Jamie Campbell-Bower and Clarissa Fray by Lily Collins.
Remember a while ago I posted up the cover of Shine Light by Marianne de Pierres (Night Creatures #3) – well the full jacket has been revealed, including the blurb, and you can see it here. It’s absolutely wonderful, I can’t wait!
Now it’s time to share my book haul for the week. I received the following titles for review (links to Goodreads pages):
- The Shadow’s Heir - by K. J. Taylor
- Nightfall – Will Elliott
And I bought:
Under my Read Three, Buy One scheme, buying three books implies I read nine, so let’s see how I did:
Huh, didn’t so well this week! So I am not buying books until I catch up!
That’s the end of my book haul for the week. I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit