Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
I have a few new covers to share with you this week: (links to Goodreads)
- The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire #6) by George R.R. Martin – this cover was revealed on Goodreads, but I have seen a few blog posts and articles on how it might be fan made. If it is, it’s really good and deserves a showcasing anyway, but I thought the covers uploaded on Goodreads are real because only authors and publishers have access?
- Oath Bound (Unbound #3) by Rachel Vincent – I finished reading Blood Bound (Unbound #1) this week, so I was really excited to see this cover revealed My review of Blood Bound will be up on Monday.
On August 13th the website for Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter will be revealed – I expect it will be filled with lots of wacky goodness! You read more about it here, as well enter a competition to win an Iphone 4/4s case! Another HarlequinTeen author, Aimee Carter, has stated that if she reaches 5 000 Twitter followers she will release a pivotal scene from Goddess Interrupted (The Goddess Test #2) from Henry’s point of view. I really want to read this scene, and so should you! Head on over to Aimee’s Twitter page to follow her. And Rachel Vincent (yet another HarlequinTeen author!) has said on Twitter that she will be in Australia around the time of the release of With All My Soul (Soul Screamers #7), but she isn’t sure if the Australian release date with coincide with her tour.
Paula Weston has announced that she is being published in the UK by the Orion Publishing Group. They will be publishing Shadows and Haze (The Rephaim #1 and #2) next year. Shadows is expected to be published in January 2013, with Haze following in mid year. The series will have its own set of covers in the UK and Paula hopes to be able to share the Shadows UK cover with us soon.
Jennifer L. Armentrout has released a whole slew of teasers for her books to celebrate her boys getting into the Elite 8 – check out all the awesomeness here. Onyx, the second book in Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux Series — and sequel to Obsidian — will be released on August 14th – and it’s trailer has been released! Jennifer is having a massive international giveaway on her site to celebrate including massive amounts of swag and a few ARCs – check it out! Since I recently discovered how to embed videos, here is it:
The last thing I have to share is the obligatory news of Cassandra Clare – after weeks of rumours flying around that Jonathan Rhys-Meyers is going to play Valentine, it has been confirmed! Okay so the City of Bones cast is officially made up of the hottest people in the world! Another piece of exciting news is the reveal of the Clockwork Angel manga cover. It has Will on it, and he looks … amazing
Don’t forget that my Harry Potter re-read is going strong – there is still time to sign up if you wish. You can find details on the Harry Potter re-read page.
This week I did my very first Waiting on Wednesday post – it was fun and I’ll definitely be sticking with it! I had the Omnific Publishing YA Summer Reading Blog Tour drop by this week, for which I reviewed Embrace by Cherie Colyer. In the coming week I will be having the Blood of Anteros (The Vampire Agápe #1) blog tour stopping by – I will be posting a review – and I will also be involved in the cover reveal of Perception, a YA science fiction novel written by Elle Strauss (Clockwise series, Seaweed) under the pen name Lee Strauss.
I received the following books for review this week: (links to Goodreads pages)
- The Legacy of Lord Regret (Strange Threads #1) by Sam Bowring – Sam actually sent this out to me via his publisher, which made me feel extra special and giddy. Sam Bowing is one of the every first authors that I featured on the blog, way back last year when I started this blog, so I am especially honoured. If you look closely, you can see the card that was inside the book saying “Dear Shaheen, Sent with Sam’s compliments“.
- The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater – so anyone who knows me knows that I love Maggie, and I’ve been absolutely desperate to get this, and now I have! I feel so lucky and grateful to Scholastic!
Last week I was seven books behind in my Read Three, Buy One scheme, so I tried really hard not to buy any books, but …
- My pre-order of Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death #1) by Bethany Griffin came in!
I didn’t review as many books as I wanted to this week –
I worked off buying Masque of the Red Death but still find myself seven books behind! I really wanted to grab a copy of Spark (Glow #2) by Amy Kathleen Ryan or Endlessly by Kiersten White, but they will have to wait I think.
That’s the end of my book haul for the week. I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit