Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
As usual, first up we have the new covers from this week: (links to Goodreads)
- Conjure (The Hoodoo Apprentice #1) by Lea Nolan
- Falling to Ash (Moth #1) by Karen Mahoney
- The Elementals (The Vespertine #3) by Saundra Mitchell
- Rebellion (The Tainted Realm #2) by Ian Irvine
- The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- The Lost Prince by (Call of the Forgotten #1) Julie Kagawa (Australian cover)
- What’s Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles #1) by Kat Zhang (Australian cover)
Last week I shared a list of some of the YA titles, especially sequels, that I am anticipating for next year, and I promised to have a similar list this week for non-YA books. This list doesn’t claim to be complete, but has all the books I’m eagerly awaiting. I’ve also made a note if the covers are available for the books.
- Rebellion by Ian Irvine (The Tainted Realm #2) – expected publication October 2012 – cover available
- Shine Light by Marianne de Pierres (Night Creatures #3) – expected publication November 2012 – cover available
- Knife Sworn by Mazarkis Williams (Tower and Knife Trilogy #2) – expected publication November 2012 – cover available
- Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter (Otherworld Assassin #1) – expected publication December 2012 – cover available
- The Siren Depths by Martha Wells (Books of Raksura #3) – expected publication December 2012 – cover available
- Blood of Dragons by Robin Hobb (The Rain Wild Chronicles #4) – expected publication January 2013 – cover available
- Justice by Ian Irvine (The Tainted Realm #3) – expected publication February 2013
- The Daylight War by Peter V. Brett (Demon Cycle #3) – expected publication February 2013
- The Blood Mirror by Brent Weeks (The Lightbringer #3) – expected publication 2013
- Cormorant by Chuck Wendig (Miram Black #3) – expected publication 2013
- The Skull Throne by Peter V. Brett (Demon Cycle #4) – expected publication 2014
- Cold Steel by Kate Elliott (The Spiritwalker Trilogy #3) – expected publication 2013
- The Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle #3) – no publication date yet
Don’t forget that my Harry Potter re-read is going strong – there is still time to sign up if you wish. You can find details on the Harry Potter re-read page.
This week I am Waiting on … Broken by A. E. Rought I had the Blood Jewel (The Vampire Agápe #2) blog tour stop by! Next week’s I’ll have two tours hopping around – Seaweed by Elle Strauss and the Madly series by M. Leighton.
I received the following books for review this week: (links to Goodreads pages)
- The Rebels of New SUN (The Blending Time #3) by Michael Kinch
- Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones
- Tainted City (Shattered Sigil #2) by Coutney Schafer – I didn’t realise this is a sequel when I requested it on NG, now I’ll have to source the first book, The Whitefire Crossing from someplace.
Last week I finished nine books behind on my book buying quota: Read Three, Buy One. But no books came this week and I reviewed four books –
So this leaves me five books behind!
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂