Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
There are so many new covers this week, you won’t believe. I’m sensing a theme with purples, do you agree? (As usual, the links go to Goodreads)
- Cold Steel (Spiritwalker #3) by Kate Elliott
- Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2) by Wendy Higgins.
- Unbreakable (Unraveling #2) by Elizabeth Norris.
- Elegy (Hereafter #3) by Tara Hudson
- Goddess (Starcrossed #3) by Josephine Angelini
- A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly #2) by Susan Dennard
- Towering by Alex Flinn
- Haze (The Rephaim #2) by Paula Weston
- After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn #3) by J.A. London
- The Shadow’s Heir (The Risen Sun, #1) by KJ Taylor – US cover
- Awaken (Abandon Trilogy #3) by Meg Cabot.
- The Pirate’s Wish (The Assassin’s Curse #2) by Cassandra Rose Clarke
As you can see above, there is a cover for Haze by Paula Weston now! I am so excited about this 🙂 Along with the cover, Paula gave us an excerpt and a synopsis!
‘But what if we can’t find Jude?’
He leans closer. His breath is warm on my ear. ‘We will.’
‘How can you be so sure?’ I want to believe him so badly, but this is Rafa. The guy who’s all action and no plan.
His smile is tired, knowing. An echo of a shared past I don’t remember.
‘Because I’m not smart enough to give up, and you don’t know how to.’
Gaby Winters’ nightmares have stopped but she still can’t remember her old life. Still can’t quite believe she is one of the Rephaim—the wingless half-angels who can shift from place to place, country to country, in the blink of an eye. That she was once the Rephaim’s best fighter. That demons exist. That Rafa has stayed.
But most of all, she can’t quite believe that her twin brother, Jude, might be alive.
And Gaby can’t explain the hesitancy that sidetracks the search for him, infuriates Rafa, and sends them, again, into the darkest danger.
If you haven’t heard, the Penguin and Random House merger has been finalised. The merger is expected to complete in the second half of 2013 and will give birth to a new publishing powerhouse: Penguin Random House. I would have much preferred the alternative names: Random Penguin or Random Penguin House, but the powers that be have chosen the least funny combination to run with *sigh*.
This week I am Waiting on … The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke. Watch out next week for my review of The Lost Prince and an interview with Julie Kagawa!!
I got a few books for review this week: (links to Goodreads pages)
- Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires #13) by Rachel Caine
- Dinner With a Vampire (The Dark Heroine #1) by Abigail Gibbs
- The Red Wolf Conspiracy (Chathrand Voyages #1) by Robert V.S. Redick
Last week I was 8 book ahead in my Read Three, Buy One scheme, and this week I haven’t bought anything (agan), but I did review four books:
- Legacy by Cayla Kluver
- The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel
- The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa
So that leaves me twelve books ahead – with three book purchases unlocked 😀
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂