Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
The cover reveals from the last week – (links to Goodreads pages)
- The Winter People by Rebekah L. Purdy
- Chasing Stars (After Eden #2) by Helen Douglas
- The Seers (Holders #2) by Julianna Scott
- Black Dog by Rachel Neumeier
In Bookish News, you can see the first page of Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi here 😀
Jessica Shirvington has announced her new book – Disruption is the first in a science fiction thriller duology (yay!). It will be released on March 24, 2014 in Australia, no US release date has been announced. Here’s the synopsis:
The Mercer Corporation might rule the world through the control of pheromones. But nothing, and no one, is going to stand in Maggie’s way. Especially Quentin Mercer.
Ever since the development of M-chips, which tap into human pheromones, M-Corp has become the new superpower. Why trust your heart when all you have to do is get within a two-metre radius of someone to record a compatibility rating? Ratings range from the rare ‘perfect match’ to the dreaded ‘negative’ and everything in between.
Three years ago Maggie’s father mysteriously rated as a ‘neg’ and was taken away from them. For the last two years, eighteen-year-old Maggie has had only one goal: to uncover the truth and bring him home. But even though she’s discovered the government’s secret underground prison network and the fact that negs aren’t going to rehab farms (not even close), she’s still no closer to finding her father. Her last hope is Quentin Mercer, her classmate at the elite Kingly Academy — and the heir to the Mercer Corporation.
By tricking Quentin into believing he’s a ‘neg,’ Maggie quickly gains access to all things M-Corp. But Quentin isn’t the person she thought he was… And while she can easily betray her morals in the quest to save her father, can she betray her heart?
This week I’ve been Waiting on … Cress by Marissa Meyer.
This week’s reviews:
- [26 Nov] Haze by Paula Weston
- [27 Nov] The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett ★★
- [28 Nov] The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
- [29 Nov] Lexicon by Max Barry ★★★★
My book hauls, beginning as usual with the physical copies, thanks to Pan Macmillan AU, Quercus Books (links to Goodreads):
- The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Horizon (The Soul Seekers #4) by Alyson Noel
- The League of Sharks by David Logan
- Once We Were (The Hybrid Chronicles #2) by Kat Zhang
- The Wilful Princess and the Piebald Prince by Robin Hobb
And e-galleys from Netgalley and Edelweiss:
- Until We End by Frankie Brown
- The Secret of Isobel Key by Jen McConnel
- Pride’s Run (A Wolf’s Pride #1) by Cat Kalen
I also bought:
- Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales by Melissa Marr and Tim Pratt
- Icons (Icons #1) by Margaret Stohl
- Dangerous Women by George R.R. Martin and Gardner R. Dozois
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂