Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I’ve gotten since I last posted.
The cover reveals during the holiday break – (links to Goodreads pages)
- The Caller (Shadowfell #3) by Juliet Marillier
- Traitor’s Blade by Sebastien de Castell
- The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness
- Blood Will Follow (The Valhalla Saga #2) by Snorri Kristjansson
In Bookish News, there’s going to be a sequel to The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffeneger! The book was released for the first time in e-book format on Sept. 23 and this version includes 25 pages of an upcoming sequel to the novel by Niffeneger, which focusses on Alba, Henry and Clare’s daughter. There’s no title or release date yet, but I’m at just about maximum excitement already.
Are you excited for Traitor’s Blade by Sebastien De Castell? Well you should be! The cover art and synopsis have been revealed for this amazing looking 2014 début, releasing 6th March 2014 by Jo Fletcher Books (my favourite adult imprint evah!). The cover is above, and the synopsis follows. Get excited people!
Falcio is the first Cantor of the Greatcoats. Trained in the fighting arts and the laws of Tristia, the Greatcoats are travelling Magisters upholding King’s Law. They are heroes. Or at least they were, until they stood aside while the Dukes took the kingdom, and impaled their King’s head on a spike. Now Tristia is on the verge of collapse and the barbarians are sniffing at the borders. The Dukes bring chaos to the land, while the Greatcoats are scattered far and wide, reviled as traitors, their legendary coats in tatters. All they have left are the promises they made to King Paelis, to carry out one final mission. But if they have any hope of fulfilling the King’s dream, the divided Greatcoats must reunite, or they will also have to stand aside as they watch their world burn …
The books I reviewed over my holiday “break”:
My book hauls, beginning as usual with the physical copies, thanks to Text Publishing, Bloomsbury AU, Jo Fletcher Books, Penguin Books AU and HarperCollins AU( links to Goodreads):
- How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan
- Bird by Crystal Chan
- City of Lost Dreams (City of Dark Magic #2) by Magnus Flyte
- Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
- A Breath of Frost (The Lovegrove Legacy #1) by Alyxandra Harvey
- Empress of the Sun (Everness #3) by Ian McDonald
- Cemetery Girl (The Cemetery Girl Trilogy #1) by Charlaine Harris and Christopher Golden
- Shadow Kiss: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novels #3) by Richelle Mead and Emma Vieceli
- On The Fence by Kasie West – not speculative fiction, but I’m interviewing Kasie in February for the release of Split Second and HC-AU kindly sent me an ARC 🙂
- The Castle Behind Thorns by Merrie Haskell – another ARC from the wonderful HC-AU. The cover reminds strongly reminds me of a Sleepy Beauty cartoon I watched as a kiddie.
And e-galleys from Netgalley and Edelweiss:
- Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera
- Meridian (Arclight #2) by Josin L. McQuein
- Paranoia (The Night Walkers #2) by J.R. Johansson
- The Boy with the Porcelain Blade by Den Patrick
- The Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris
That’s the end of the first Stocktake Saturday of 2014!
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂