Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
Lots of cover reveals since I last posted – (links to Goodreads pages)
- The Stone Demon (The Iron Witch #3) by Karen Mahoney – AU cover
- Stormbringers (The Order of Darkness #2) by Philippa Gregory
- Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington
- iD (The Machine Dynasty #2) by Madeline Ashby
- The Liberator (Dante Walker #2) by Victoria Scott
- Unbreakable (Legion #1) by Kami Garcia
- Wings of Nestor (Solus #3) by Devri Walls
- The Lost Sun (The United States of Asgard #1) by Tessa Gratton.
- Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2) by Leigh Bardugo
- Unchosen (The Reaper Diaries, #2) by Michele Vail
- The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead
- Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2) by Gena Showalter
In Bookish News, there’s a new snippet from Untold (Unspoken #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan. You can read it here, but be warned, it’s heart breaking.
The book trailer for Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger was also released as part of the book release blog tour. My pre-order came in while I was away and I can’t wait to read it!
PenguinTeen Australia has confirmed (via Twitter) that it will be bringing out Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan in May 2013. Exciting!!
The 2012 Aurealis Awards Finalists (the shortlist) have been announced. You can read all about it in the recap I posted.
This week I have been Waiting On … The Shadowed Throne by K J Taylor. I also posted a recap of the finalists of the 2012 Aurealis Awards (the shortlist) and I launched a new feature at the blog, titled Blogging Outside the Box.
Blogging Outside the Box is going to be a fortnightly feature, posted on Fridays, where books outside the SFF umbrella are reviewed. It is intended to highlight some of the non speculative fiction titles I am reading and share my thoughts with readers.
I’ve been away, so you would think the book haul isn’t that huge, right? Well the post kept coming in, and then I went on a bit of a binge when I got back!
Firstly, the physical review copies from Hachette Australia, PenguinTeen Australia and Pan Macmillan AU (links to Goodreads pages):
- Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver
- Nameless (Tales of Beauty & Madness #1) by Lili St. Crow
- Dreams and Shadows by C. Robert Cargill
From NetGalley, thanks to Penguin Australia, Kensington Books, Harlequin, Angry Robot, L2 Books and Random House Australia:
- The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) by Rick Yancey
- Breathless (Elemental #2.5) by Brigid Kemmerer
- The Girl with the Iron Touch (Steampunk Chronicles #3) by Kady Cross
- Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon
- After The Ending (The Ending #1) by Lindsey Fairleigh & Lindsey Pogue
- Shift (Wool #2) by Hugh Howey
Last time I was 2 books behind in my Read Three, Buy One scheme, due to a huge pre-order I’d put through. I bought a few more books when I returned from my holiday -(links to Goodreads):
- Spellcaster (Spellcaster #1) by Claudia Gray
- The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
- Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
- The Dragon’s Path (The Dagger and the Coin #1) by Daniel Abraham
- City of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles #3) by Robin Hobb
- The Judging Eye (Aspect-Emperor #1) by R. Scott Bakker
And in that period I have reviewed the following books:
- Pantomime by Laura Lam
- Starters by Lissa Price
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand
- The Prey by Andrew Fukuda
- Tanequil by Terry Brooks
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells
- Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Which leaves me 11 books behind. It’s getting worse folks!! On the other hand, I haven’t really been sticking to the scheme around the wedding, I’ve been justifying the purchases as stress relief. Hopefully from next week I’m back on the band wagon.
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂