Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
Lots of cover reveals since I last posted – (links to Goodreads pages)
- The Lair (The Farm #2) by Emily McKay
- The Sound by Sarah Alderson
- Shadowed (Fated #3) by Sarah Alderson
- Steelheart (Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson
- The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
In Bookish News, the first full length trailer for City of Bones has been released. It’s pretty good! Not enough Magnus though. Watch it here.
Maggie Stiefvater has written a blog post updating her latest news, including details about the paperback edition of The Scorpio Races (several deleted scenes, her Printz speech, an interview with her editor, and the recipe for the November Cakes). She also shared news of her newest project with Tessa Gratton and Brenna Yovanoff, called The Anatomy of Curiosity, a companion to their earlier The Curiosities. It will have new original stories (in first and final draft forms) and a conversational step-by-step guide to their writing/ critiquing process and relationship. It is due for publication in 2014, and will have doodled margins from each of the authors showcasing their critique and revision processes.
The prologue and first chapter of Margaret Stohl’s Icons have been revealed at The Examiner.
PenguinTeen AU has put all the excerpts from The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) in one convenient location, and has also provided pre-order links!
Firstly, the physical review copies from Hachette Australia, PenguinTeen Australia, HarperCollins Australia, HardieGrantErgmont and Simon Petrie (links to Goodreads pages):
- Promise of Blood (The Powder Mage #1) by Brian McClellan
- Inferno (Chronicles of Nick #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- The Reluctant Assassin (W.A.R.P. #1)by Eoin Colfer
- Inheritance by Lisa Forrest
- The Shadowed Throne (The Risen Sun #2) by K J Taylor
- Valley of Shields (Broken Empire, #2) by Duncan Lay
- Light Touch Paper, Stand Clear by Edwina Harvey and Simon Petrie (eds.) – this is a speculative fiction anthology that has been shortlisted for Ditmar Awards, in the ‘Best Collected Work’ category.
- The Originals by Cat Patrick
From NetGalley, thanks to Harlequin US, Random House Australia, Angry Robot, Kensington Teen, and Harlequin Australia:
- Belonging (Temptation #2) by Karen Ann Hopkins
- All The Birds, Singing by Evie Wyld
- The Pirate’s Wish (The Assassin’s Curse #2) by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- The Blue Blazes (Mookie Pearl #1) by Chuck Wendig
- Naturals (The Lost Souls #2) by Tiffany Truitt
- The Collector (Dante Walker #1) by Victoria Scott
- Spirit (Elemental #3) by Brigid Kemmerer
- INK (Paper Gods #1) by Amanda Sun
Last time I was 11 books behind in my Read Three, Buy One scheme. In the intervening fortnight I haven’t bought anything, and I have reviewed the following books:
- The Goddess Inheritance by Aimée Carter
- Keir by Pippa Jay
- Malice by John Gwynne
- With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent
Which leaves me 7 books behind. I hope I can get back to surplus soon, but with me going back to my PhD next week, it may not happen. Stay tuned!
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂