Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
The cover reveals from the last week – (links to Goodreads pages)
- Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2) by Gail Carriger
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill – US cover
In Bookish News, Putnam has signed Marie Lu, author of the Legend trilogy, for new series called The Young Elites. The new series, set in what Putnam described as a “Renaissance-like world,” follows three rival societies with supernatural powers battling for supremacy. The first book in the series is slated for release in (Australian) Spring 2014.
Some book release information: Shadowplay, the sequel to Laura Lam’s début Pantomime, will be release in early January 2014! Add it to your Goodreads lists here.
My book haul this week, thanks to Jo Fletcher Books (links to Goodreads):
- Planesrunner (Everness #1) by Ian McDonald
And e-galleys from NetGalley and Edelweiss:
- BZRK Reloaded (BZRK #2) by Michael Grant – Ergmont USA
- Monsters (Ashes Trilogy #3) by Ilsa J. Bick – Ergmont USA – No cover yet!
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown – Random House Publishing Group (Del Rey Spectra)
- Souls of the Stones Omnibus by Kelly Walker – All Night Reads (contains Cornerstone, Second Stone and Broken Stone)
Last time I was 1 book ahead in my Read Three, Buy One scheme.
I bought Jennifer L. Armetrout’s Covenant series!! Which undoes all my hard work, but the books are so pretty!
- Daimon (Covenant, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Half Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Diety (Covenant #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Elixir (Covenant #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Apollyon (Covenant #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The novellas are really small, so let’s count them as one book (I’m being cheeky aren’t I?), and that gets me a score of -(5×3) = -15! Oh dear. I reviewed the following books this week:
Which leaves me 11 books behind.
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂