Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
The cover reveals from the last week – (links to Goodreads pages)
- Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young
- Secret (Elemental #4) by Brigid Kemmerer – AU cover. I forgot to share this last week!
- Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive #2) by Brandon Sanderson – UK cover – Gollancz told me this may not be the *final* cover, but it’s very close 🙂
- Shadow Kiss: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: Graphic Novels #3) by Richelle Mead (Author), Emma Vieceli (Illustrator) and Leigh Dragoon (Adapter)
- After the End (After the End #1) by Amy Plum
- The Almost Girl by Amalie Howard
In Bookish News, the Sydney launch of Allegiant will be held on Wednesday October 23rd at Dymocks George Street. Entry to the event, which begins at 5:30 pm, is free 🙂
It is now possible to pre-order Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor – a novella in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone world which chronicles Zuzana and Mik’s first date. Now the catch is that pre-orders are only possible if you’re in the UK (Amazon UK) or US (Amazon US and Barnes & Noble). Book Nerd Reviews has a wonderful page up where they’re hoping to update where else pre-orders are available as more information about international rights comes through.
Julie Kagawa’s Super Sekrit Series has been revealed: it’s about DRAGONS!! The first book, Talon, will be published October 28, 2014. The Young Adult series, also called Talon, has already been picked up by Universal Pictures. Here’s a little about the book, from Julie Kagawa’s original announcement:
The series revolves around dragons with the ability to disguise themselves as humans and an order of warriors sworn to eradicate them. The dragons of TALON and the Order of St. George have been at war with each other for centuries. The fabled creatures, whose existence is unknown by the general public, are determined to rule the world. Their foes, a legendary society of dragon slayers, are equally bent on driving the fabled beasts into extinction. However, when a young dragon and a hardened slayer unknowingly befriend each other, it has severe repercussions for both organizations.
This week I’ve been Waiting on … The Cormorant by Chuck Wendig. A new giveaway is up on the blog – Aussies can enter to win a paperback copy of the YA historical thriller All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry.
My book hauls, beginning as usual with the physical copies, thanks to Random House AU (links to Goodreads):
- Teardrop (Teardrop #1) by Lauren Kate — unsolicited. I really didn’t ever want to read Lauren Kate again, ever, but I’ll give this a go since it’s here. The cover is gorgeous, but covers of the Fallen series were amazing too, and hid the ugly insides well.
And e-galleys from Netgalley and Edelweiss:
- Taste of Darkness (Avry of Kazan #3) by Maria V. Snyder – Harlequin AU – Oh. My. God. *squeals*
Last time I was two books ahead in my Read Three, Buy One scheme, and this week I bought:
- Steelheart (Reckoners #1) by Brandon Sanderson (my pre-order, yay!) — this doesn’t count as a new book since I counted the eARC when I got it.
I reviewed the following books this week:
- Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff
- Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young
- King Hall by Scarlett Dawn
Which leaves me 5 books ahead!
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂