Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
The cover reveals from the last week – (links to Goodreads pages)
- Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera – US cover by HarperTeen
- Hollow City (Miss Peregrine #2) by Ransom Riggs
- The Treatment (Program #2) by Suzanne Young
In Bookish News, the book trailer for The Fiery Heart, the fourth book in Richelle Mead’s Bloodlines series, has been released!
This news has been burning me from the inside out while the deal has been negotiated, so it’s an incredible relief to finally be able to announce it publicly. The trilogy is the start of The Alex Caine Series. If it does well, there could certainly be further Alex Caine books in the future. Voyager are looking to publish all three books throughout Australia and New Zealand through the second half of next year, between July and December. The books are modern grim dark fantasy thrillers called Bound, Obsidian and Abduction. They follow the trials of an underground MMA fighter, Alex Caine, and his introduction to a world of magic, monsters, mayhem and life-threatening danger he could never have imagined.
HarperVoyager has also acquired the world rights for six new novels from Raymond E. Feist! The epic fantasy series, The War of Five Crowns, is influenced by medieval history and Arthurian legend. The first book, King of Ashes, will be published worldwide in May 2014.
The Silver Chair, the fourth Narnia book, will be adapted into a movie by The C.S. Lewis Company and the Mark Gordon Company. The producers are Mark Gordon, Douglas Gresham and Vincent Sieber.
This week I’ve been Waiting on … The Trap by Andrew Fukuda. I also had Michael Adams, author of the YA apocalyptic novel The Last Girl, over for an interview! There are two giveaways going right now, both for Australian residents only. The first is All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry, and the second is a pack containing Unspoken and Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan in the new covers!
My book hauls, beginning as usual with the physical copies, thanks to Allen & Unwin, Bloomsbury Sydney, Harlequin AU and HarperCOllins AU (links to Goodreads):
- Man Made Boy by Jon Skovron
- Tales from the Dead of Night: Thirteen Classic Ghost Stories by Cecily Gayford
- Resist (Breathe #2) by Sarah Crossan
- Jump (Twinmaker #1) by Sean Williams
- Save Yourself by Kelly Braffet
- Waterfell (The Aquarathi #1) by Amalie Howard
- The Iron Traitor (The Call of the Forgotten #2) by Julie Kagawa
- Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2) by Alexandra Bracken
And e-galleys from Netgalley and Edelweiss:
- Uninvited (Uninvited #1) by Sophie Jordan
- Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White
- Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
- Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky #3) by Veronica Rossi
- Salvage by Alexandra Duncan
- Avalon (Avalon #1) by Mindee Arnett
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
- Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends #1) by Kelley Armstrong
Last time I was five books ahead in my Read Three, Buy One scheme, and this week I reviewed:
Which leaves me 7 books ahead, with 2 book purchases unlocked.
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂