Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
This week we have had another round of epic cover reveals:
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver (Delirium #3)
- Fragments by Dan Wells (Partials #2)
- Spellcaster by Claudia Gray – a new series about witches 🙂
- Blood of Dragons by Robin Hobb (The Rain Wilds Chronicles #4)
- The Casual vacancy by J. K. Rowling
- Impostor by Jill Hathaway (Slide #2)
- Witch Born by Amber Argyle (Witch Song #2)
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
- Code by Kathy Reichs (Virals #3)
- Hysteria by Megan Miranda
With the release of the cover of The Casual Vacancy, people have been commenting on how different it looks from the Harry Potter covers (as well it should, I think they’re really making a statement there about how it’s not Harry Potter). I found an article where the covers of the Harry Potter books have been redesigned to look like that of The Casual Vacancy. It’s pretty cool and you can see the faux covers on my Tumblr site.
The cover of Scarlet was released though USAToday, where they also have an interview with Marissa and an excerpt from Scarlet, so be sure to check that out! The expected release date is 5th February 2013.
The title of the third book in Josephine Angelini’s Starcrossed series has been revealed: Goddess. The release date is in 2013. In other title news, the second book in the Fated series by Sarah Alderson will be called Severed, and has a release date in December 2012!
You might notice my sidebar has been updated with a few new book tours – I’m really excited about all of them. From mid-July, there will be a book tour stopping by every week and sometimes there will be two in a week! The coolest ones (I think) will be Arson and Ashen Winter. Also, you may have noticed a little banner for a Harry Potter re-read. I will start to read the whole series again on July 31st – harry’s birthday – and plan to have little posts on what I think as I go along. Anyone wanting to participate can do so! So, lots of cool new stuff happening on the blog in the coming months 🙂
It’s been a great week for me, I haven’t gotten many books for review so it’s given me the chance to catch up on my reading 🙂 (links to Goodreads pages):
- Empyreal Fate by Rachel Hawkins (I got this a while ago for the tour next week but forgot to add it to my stocktake!)
- Bridge of Swords by Duncan Lay
I also bought one book:
- Slated by Teri Terry
To track my progress under the Read Three, Buy One scheme: I had four books to read from last week’s Stocktake, and buying Slated added three, so I had to have read seven books this week!
- Deadly Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins (Goodreads review only since it isn’t Speculative Fiction)
- The Dark Griffin by K. J. Taylor
- Shadows by Paula Weston (I picked this for my monthly Must Read as well – if you aren’t covetting this book you are seriously missing out!)
- The Industry by Rose Foster (Goodreads review only since it isn’t Speculative Fiction)
- Advent by James Treadwell
I did it! Which means I am back on track for my book quota. Yay!
That’s the end of my book haul for the week. I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂