Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
The cover reveals from the last week – (links to Goodreads pages)
- Broken (Avena #2) by Marianne Curley
- Burn (Pure #3) by Julianna Baggott
- The Woken Gods by Gwenda Bond
- Steadfast (Spellcaster #2) by Claudia Gray
- The Iron Fey Volume One: The Iron KingThe Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey #1-2) by Julie Kagawa
- Fortune’s Blight (Shattered Kingdoms #2) by Evie Manieri
- The Raven’s Shadow (Wild Hunt Trilogy #3) by Elspeth Cooper
In Bookish News, Angry Robot has announced the acquisition of two fantasy books from acclaimed actor Michael Boatman! The deal includes two books: Last God Standing (Spring 2014) and Who Wants to be the Prince of Darkness? (2015). About Last God Standing:
When God decides to join the human race and see what all the fuss is about, all Hell breaks loose. For fans of Tom Holt and Christopher Moore.
When God decides to quit and join the human race and see what all the fuss is about, all Hell breaks loose.
Sensing his abdication, the other defunct gods of Earth’s vanquished pantheons want a piece of the action He abandoned
Meanwhile, the newly-humanised deity must discover the whereabouts and intentions of the similarly reincarnated Lucifer, and block the ascension of a murderous new God, while all the time trying to manage His rising career as a standup comic
File Under: Fantasy [ Gods Behaving Badly | Power Struggle | It’s The Way He Tells ’Em | Simply Devine ]
You can now read the first chapter of Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer here.
Sorry there isn’t any more bookish news this week – you may have noticed a decline in my reading rate over the past month or so. I’ve been very sick, and haven’t really had the time or energy. I had planned to attend Supanova Sydney, but was still unwell so I couldn’t go, but my wonderful friend Kim stood in line for me and got me Aidan Turner’s autograph. I can’t thank her enough, and I love it so much 😀 I’m hoping to go to Supanova Brisbane in November to make up for missing out in Sydney. I also wasn’t able to attend the PenguinTeen Australia Live event this week, but once again, all my wonderful friends were able to make me feel like I hadn’t missed out at all. I’m very grateful to have friends like these 😀 Here’s a photo of what Kim got me – it says “To Shaheen, Sorry I couldn’t meet you. love *Aidan’s signature* Kili“)
This week I’ve been Waiting On … The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa.
My book haul this week, thanks to Pan Macmillan AU, Harlequin AU, Five Mile Press and HarperCollins AU (links to Goodreads):
- Kinslayer (The Lotus War #2) by Jay Kristoff
- Raven Flight (Shadowfell #2) by Juliet Marillier
- The Returned (The Returned #1) by Jason Mott
- The Inevitability of Stars by Kathryn R. Lyster
- Vortex (Insignia #2) By S.J. Kincaid
- All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry – showing the US cover since the AU edition isn’t on GR
- Asylum by Madeleine Roux
E-galleys from NetGalley and Edelweiss:
- The Incrementalists by Steven Brust & Skyler White – Tor Books
- The Companions (The Sundering #1) by R. A. Salvatore – Wizards of the Coast (this is a multi-author series)
- The Godborn (The Sundering #2) by Paul S. Kemp – Wizards of the Coast (this is a multi-author series)
And I was gifted a few books by the wonderful Mandee from veganYAnerds – the kind folk at Penguin Australia still made up a goodie-bag for me, which Mandee posted out this week. Her package included an awesome Penguin bag, and a signed copy of The First Third by Will Kostakis, as well as The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the ARC Mandee got for me from BEA2013, and an ARC of Storm Watcher by Maria V. Snyder, which I asked to borrow because I love all of Maria’s books.
My husband gifted me a bunch of books because I have been sick and depressed for the last month or so. He’s too sweet!
- Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X #1) by Richelle Mead
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente, illustrated by Ana Juan
- The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland, #2) by Catherynne M. Valente, illustrated by Ana Juan
- Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1) by Louise Rozett
And finally, I made two book purchases, because I couldn’t resist.
- The Rithmatist (Rithmatist #1) by Brandon Sanderson
- The Great Bazaar and Bayan’s Gold by Peter V. Brett
Last time I had caught up in my Read Three, Buy One scheme, but since I reviewed only two books this week:
I’m 4 books behind.
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂