Welcome to Stocktake Saturday! This feature is where I share some bookish news with you and then show you all the bookish goodies I got over the week.
The cover reveals from the last week – (links to Goodreads pages)
- The Trap (The Hunt #3) by Andrew Fukuda – AU cover
- Unravel (Linked #2) by Imogen Howson
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – OK, not sure if it’s really a new cover reveal, but I saw it this week and it’s gorgeous.
- Blindsided (Transparent #2) by Natalie Whipple – this matches the UK cover of Transparent, but since Hot Key books has the English world-rights to Blindsided, this is the cover for all English markets, including US and Can.
In Bookish News, the name of the fifth book of Richelle Mead’s Bloodlines series has been revealed! The Silver Shadows will be released by Penguin Books in 2014.
You can read the first 35 pages of All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry, one of the hottest thrillers of the year, here. Once I started reading, I couldn’t stop!
Maire Lu has talked to USAToday about the ending her Legend series with Champion, and ends off the interview by describing the last book in one word: closure. Also mentioned are the progress on the Legend movie adaptation and her new series (out 2014) called The Young Elites, which Lu describes as X-Men meets Assassin’s Creed (OMG kill me dead, it sounds perfect!) and an exclusive excerpt of Champion.
There is official casting news from the Fallen movie. Oh don’t groan like that, it might be OK (that’s sarcasm, and I’m rolling my eyes right now). The main leads are: Addison Timlin as Luce and Jeremy Irvine as Daniel. We can expect Cam to be announced soon. You can view pictures of the two leads on Lauren Kate’s website.
The HarperVoyager online blog has started a new weekly round-up of nerdy web-links, and the first issue contains some amazing stuff. From an upside-down Elvish tattoo to a cow eating crocodile, Geekileaks is sure to become a personal favourite of mine.
My book hauls, beginning as usual with the physical copies, thanks to Hachette Children’s Books AU, Harlequin AU and Random House AU (links to Goodreads):
- Immortal Combat (Disharmony #3) by Leah Giarratano – I actually bought this, and then received a surprise copy for review, so look out for a giveaway!
And e-galleys from Netgalley and Edelweiss:
- Resist (Breathe #2) by Sarah Crossan – Bloomsbury
- Tandem (Many-Worlds Trilogy #1) by Anna Jarzab – Random House Children’s Books
- Sia by Josh Grayson – from the author
Last time I was seven books ahead in my Read Three, Buy One scheme, and this week I used up my unlocked purchases and then some! I bought:
- Armageddon (The Fallen #5) by Thomas E. Sniegoski
- Legion and The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Bone Season (Scion #1) by Samantha Shannon
- Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire #3) by Mark Lawrence
- Immortal Combat (Disharmony #3) by Leah Giarratano
Now it may seem odd, but not all of them count towards the quota, because the goal is to reduce the amount of unread books I have, and I read and reviewed an e-ARC of Throne of Glass last year, and received ARCs of The Bone Season, Immortal Combat and Crown of Midnight this year. So of those seven, only three count as books added to the to-read pile, and I reviewed the following books this week:
- I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
- Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike
- Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
- The Shadowed Throne by K.J. Taylor
Which leaves me 2 books ahead! (7 – 3×3 + 4 = 2)
I hope you have some goodies to share as well, leave your links below and I’ll be sure to visit 🙂